If Mark Zuckerberg hadn’t invented Facebook, we wouldn’t have entered the world of social media platforms. He has undoubtedly helped make the world a smaller place and has helped people of all walks of life and of all ages connect socially through social media platforms. The man reached billionaire status when he was only 23 years old. If there is anyone who can come close to reaching Bill Gates’ milestones and eclipse them, it is Mark Zuckerberg! Without further ado, here are some facts about the inventor of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg!
- Mark Zuckerberg was already showcasing his superior coding skills when he was only a child. As a child, he built a program through which his family members could send messages to one another in the house. The man was already on his way towards connecting people as a child.
- Here is something we can learn from the man; Mark Zuckerberg regularly sets himself self-improvement goals. In the year, 2009, he pledged to wear a tie to his workplace every day. The following year, he set himself to learn Mandarin. In the year, 2011, he pledged to only feed on animals that he killed himself. The next year, he decided to code every day. In the year, 2013, he set an objective of meeting a new person out of Facebook every day. The following year, he made a pledge to at least reply to one fail mail per day.
- Not only can Mark Zuckerberg speak in English, he can also converse in French, Latin, Greek, Hebrew, and Mandarin. He initially learned Mandarin to woo his woman, Priscilla Chan, who is of Chinese descent. The duo met together at a party while waiting in line for the toilet.
- There is a plausible explanation behind the dominant colour of Facebook; the reason why Facebook is dominated by the colour, blue, is because Mark Zuckerberg is red-green colour blind.
- Growing up, Mark Zuckerberg played a lot of pranks and practical jokes. Back in the year, 1999, during New Year´s Eve, he shut the power supply of his home down at midnight in a bid to scare his parents about the Y2K bug coming true.
- There are many perks to being the creator of Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg is the only person who can´t be blocked on Facebook.
- There is nothing that is more wasteful than watching TV. Unlike the rest of us, Mark Zuckerberg realises that. Therefore, there is no television set in his house.
- Like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg, too has pledged to donate at least half of his fortune to charity. Since the establishment of the ¨The Giving Pledge,¨ over 100 billionaires have signed to donate their fortunes.